Mumford and Sons
Everybody’s heard about the big and exclusive Mumford & Sons show scheduled for Aug. 4 on the Eastern Promenade, but the opportunities to catch live music in parks around Portland aren’t limited to that one day.
Tonight, the multifaceted folk trio Truth About Daisies starts two months of live outdoor concerts across the city with an 8 p.m. show on the Western Promenade.
Here’s the entire itinerary of live outdoor events and shows, as provided by the city of Portland. Mark your calendars:
|SUNSET FOLK SERIES AT THE WESTERN PROMENADE PARK
Sponsored by the Families of the Western Prom Neighborhood
Concerts last approximately 40 minutes (If there is inclement weather, the concert will be canceled).
- Wednesday, July 11 — 8 p.m. Truth About Daisies
- Wednesday, July 18 — 7:45 p.m. Darien Brahms
- Wednesday, July 25 — 7:45 p.m. Brad Strause
- Wednesday, August 1 — 7:30 p.m. Robby Simpson
- Wednesday, August 8 — 7:30 p.m. Will Gattis
- Wednesday, August 15 — 7:30 p.m. Curt Bessette & Jenn Kurtz
|Crusher’s Kids Concerts in the Park
Sponsored by Quirk Chevrolet and the Maine Red Claws
Concerts last approximately 40 minutes at the Bandstand in Deering Oaks Park (If there is inclement weather, the concert will be relocated to Reiche Community Center, 166 Brackett Street).
- Thursday, July 12 — 12:30 p.m. Sparks Ark (Wild Animals)
- Thursday, July 19 — 12:30 p.m. Sammie Haynes (Singer Songstress)
- Thursday, July 26 — 12:30 p.m. USM Chemistry Club (Big Bang Theory)
- Thursday, August 2 — 12:30 p.m. Scot Grassette (Magic)
- Thursday, August 9 – 12:30 p.m. Jon Call (Camp Songs)
|Friends of Eastern Promenade Concert Series
The Royal Hammer
Sponsored by the Friends of the Eastern Promenade
Concerts last approximately an hour and are held at the Bandstand, Fort Allen Park (If there is inclement weather, the concert will be canceled).
- Thursday, July 12 — 7 p.m. Randy Oxford Band (Blues) sponsored by State Theatre & A Friends of the Friends
- Thursday, July 19 — 7 p.m. Primo Cubano (Classic Cuban Music) sponsored by Poland Spring
- Thursday, July 26 — 7 p.m. Chandler’s Band Concert (Marches & Bid Band Era) sponsored by the Willey Trust
- Thursday, August 2 — 7 p.m. Local Circus (Bluegrass Folk) sponsored by State Theatre & Betty Winterhalder Trust
- Thursday, August 9 — 7 p.m. Jimmy & The Soul Cats (Rhythm & Blues) sponsored by the Jacks Family
- Thursday, August 16 — 7 p.m. Don Campbell (Folk Rock) sponsored by Ocean Gate Realty
- Thursday, August 23 — 7 p.m. Rock My Soul (Gospel) sponsored by Bangor Savings Bank
- Thursday, August 30 — 7 p.m. The Royal Hammer (Roots Reggae) sponsored by Portland Maine Rentals